Meetings with management:-
Please be assured for your local Unison branch it is very much business as usual and we are here to support you 24/7. Should you need support/advice/meetings please contact Claire Bruus, Branch Coordinator, via email at email@example.com so you can be directed to the most appropriate person. You are still entitled to representation at meetings with management. You do not need Unison attendance at every meeting you have with a manager, however if you feel that the meeting is developing into a discussion about your performance, competency or conduct you have the right to halt the meeting until such time as a union representative becomes available. An example of where we would attend with you is in all stages of capability, attendance support meetings, disciplinaries, ethical interviews and grievance/resolution meetings. It is the duty of the member to inform us of any such meetings but management should give you adequate notice to arrange representation
In light of the current situation and the most recent government advice due to the Covid 19 outbreak, Unison have had to adapt their processes and UNISONdirect will be unable to process calls for members wishing to use our Legal Assistance scheme.
Unison have been working with the lawyers Thompsons to find the best solution to ensure our members can continue to get the legal support they need in relation to non-employment law assistance. Issues related to your work and employment law assistance should in the first instance, as before, continue to be directed to your branch. (email firstname.lastname@example.org) or contact Claire Bruus for assistance.
For all other legal queries:
- Seeking personal injury advice following a work or non-work accident/injury suffered by members,
- Non-work related accident suffered by their families;
- Members who want criminal law advice or to access our initial free legal advice scheme;
- Legal help with wills and conveyancing
- It is important to note our Legal Assistance scheme is subject to terms and conditions, for further information on the scope of that scheme and eligibility please contact the branch office.
- Then please call our new dedicated UNISON number 0808 252 2783. When you call please have your UNISON membership number to hand. If you don’t have your membership number please email Claire Bruus with your home address details and your number will be provided.
It has come to our attention that an email entitled Inspiration is doing the rounds. Whilst the idea sounds very supportive we have concerns of its origination. If you receive it Unison advise that you delete and do not forward on nor email the individual in the text of the email. It appears that this has originated from a commercial organisation and may not be an authorised use of force systems.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.