Staffordshire Police Unison are running a number of question and answer sessions for Unison Members relating to the pay deal on offer to Police Staff. These will be held at the following dates and locations together with a number of TEAMS online virtual meetings. These have been sent out to subscribing members.
At pay negotiations held on 28 March, the Employers Side of the Police Staff Council made the following final pay offer:
- A £250 consolidated pay increase on pay points 7 to 18 (inclusive) on the Police Staff Council pay spine with effect from 1 September 2021 (to be backdated)
- A 2.1% consolidated increase on pay points 7 to 45 on the Police Staff Council pay spine with effect from 1 April 2022 until 31 August 2023 – a 17-month period (to be backdated)
- A 2.1% increase on Standby Allowance with effect from 1 April 2022 until 31 August 2023 (a 17- month period) from £31.57 to £32.23
- An increase in minimum annual leave entitlement to 24 days on appointment and 29 days (after five years) with effect from 1 April 2022
- A Pay Award Reopener Clause as follows: “if a PRRB (police officer) annual award is agreed from 1 September 2022 in excess of a 3% award, as part of a single year settlement, the Employers’ Side is prepared to re-open pay negotiations on the 17-month police staff pay award to ensure that police staff do not suffer any detriment to their police officer colleagues.
UNISON will start the consultation with members over this final pay offer next week.
Full information on the offer, including the position of UNISON’s Police Staff Committee, will be sent out at the start of the 4-week consultation period.
Members will be balloted electronically. If you have not already checked, please ensure your email is up to date on https://my.unison.org.uk/ as this is the easiest way for you to vote.